CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage last evening was doubtlessly a low point in contemporary American television history. Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper interviewed giddy and possibly ‘high’ CNN anchor Randi Kaye, as she passed around a ‘joint’ with young people in Denver.
There almost certainly won’t be any further consequences. The reason is that morally debased Time Warner – who owns CNN – and CNN president Jeff Zucker are couriers of incremental apostasy as they pump sensuality, self-indulgence and promiscuity into the nation as it falls into moral anarchy.
As an aside, Zucker took over NBC in 2005 and quickly ran it into the ground. In 2010 Matea Gold noted that Jeff Zucker’s tenure at NBC had led to “a spectacular fall by the country’s premier television network.” NY Times columnist Maureen Dowd added, “Zucker is a case study in the most destructive media executive ever to exist… You’d have to tell me who else has taken a once-great network and literally destroyed it.”
Zucker is well on the way to crash another network, CNN, where he took the reins in 2013. Missteps and controversies are rampant during Zucker’s tenure at CNN. Most recently the CNN partiality, in its coverage of the 2016 Presidential Primary and General election campaign, caused critics to dub CNN the “Clinton News Network.” The latest is the fake Trump Russian “classified dossier” story and CNN investigative journalists Thomas Frank, Eric Lichtblau, and Lex Haris resigning after the network retracted a fraudulent online story that connected Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci to a $10 billion Russian investment fund.
CNN traffics in decadence, exalting and normalizing sin. For CNN and its ilk this is normal procedure. Jesus Christ and the Church are the preservative that guarantees sustainable freedom. America’s Founders proclaimed that principle over and over again.
A democratic republic is viable only if its citizens can, on the whole, rely on television networks and print media to tell the truth and promote virtue. Both are in jeopardy in 2018. Instead of promoting the “higher good,” CNN pushes marijuana. How will this affect America’s youth?
- Short-term memory problems
- Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
- Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
- Loss of sense of personal identity
- Lowered reaction time
- Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
- Increased risk of stroke
- Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
- Sexual problems (in males)
- Up to seven times higher incidence of contracting sexually transmitted infections than non-users (in females)
- Decline in IQ (up to 8 points if prolonged use started in adolescent age)
- Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
- Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
- Lower life satisfaction
- Addiction (about 9% of adults and 17% of people who started smoking as teens)
- Potential development of opiate abuse
- Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
- Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
- Financial difficulties
- Increased welfare dependence
- Greater chances of being unemployed or not getting good jobs.
America was seduced in the last half century, not by the Communists, but by Secularism. Unelected and unaccountable judges have nullified a once Biblically-based public education and culture. CNN is a co-conspirator to the mortal sin affecting America. As a result of secularists replacing a Biblically-based culture with Secularism, George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Robert E. Lee, et al., are no longer advanced as patriots, but decried as backward racists. Their stature is disparaged by fanatical anarchists, such as Black Lives Matter, who deal in the currency of brutality and dissension. Perversion and cultural deterioration are now abetted by spiritually antagonistic network executives and media elites.
To return to the subject, we must move from the historical and political application to the spiritual.
“How sad it is to observe our decadent generation,” wrote A.W. Pink in his classic, The Life of David, “valuing physical beauty and prowess more highly than moral virtues and spiritual graces.”
“How this reveals the low state of the Nation at that time! Absalom was not esteemed for his moral worth, for he was utterly lacking in piety, wisdom, or justice. His handsome physique was what appealed to the people. His abominable wickedness was ignored, but his person was admired – which only served to increase his arrogance, ending in his utter ruin. Alas, how often a corrupt mind indwells a sound body.”
“One of the chief reasons why poor Christendom is in such a sad condition today is because she has been so largely attracted by that which makes an appeal to the flesh.”
CNN has forfeited its right to broadcast.
American Renewal Project
 A.W. Pink, The Life of David, http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/David/Vol1/