When Donald Trump became president on Jan. 20, 2017, evangelical Christians and their leaders drew up their “wish lists” of big goals he could pursue, opposing abortion and limiting the ever-invasive LGBTQ movement.
Two and a half years later, the Trump administration is being praised for fulfilling many items on those lists. Here’s a quick list of just 5 of those big issues:
- Pro-Life Moves, Like Forcing Planned Parenthood to Choose Between Abortion and Women’s Health.
- Protecting Religious Freedom Rights of Employers.
- Appointing Conservative Judges to the Federal Bench
- Limiting the LGBTQ Movement in American Life
- Standing with Israel, Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem, and Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital
Mat Staver, president of the legal advocacy organization Liberty Counsel, said Trump has fulfilled about 90% of the goals on a list that Staver and other conservative leaders compiled.
“In the first two years of his administration, he’s achieved more than all of the presidents combined since Ronald Reagan,” Staver said. “He’s been the most pro-religious freedom and pro-life president in modern history.”